Monday, May 15, 2006

Blue Denim

I forgot that I had planned to post a poem that my dear friend Rhiannon Dacosta had written for me 5 years ago today as she flew across the country to be with me for my surgery. I guess May 15th was one of those days where you were to wear denim in support of and to raise funds for cancer research (not sure if it was breast cancer research specifically or not). Here goes...


Blue Denim

Strange day...
I have travelled 3000 miles
Her hand to hold
Warm in my own
as I remember, always
To sit awhile
To pray...
While she slumbers,
Dreams unnatural dreams
And wakes to find the world has changed...
For want of better.
And I will sit...
Here
Silent in my prayers
For however long it takes...
Forever
And blue denim I will wear for you.

Rhiannon Dacosta
May 15, 2001

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM PDT, Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Now that's true friendship for ya! She must be a very special person and I'm certain that you have both touched each other's lives forever. Do you go back a long time?

 
At 12:27 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 
At 6:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is simply beautiful

It's been a long time since I've been on the site....for no other reason than time...this is a good reminder to take time

xoxox
Terry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home