Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Signy's Home Made Power Bars

Who knew.

In a randomly inspired desire to see if my name is recognizable by google (really wondering if my website has been wormed by google yet), I came across my recipe for Home Made Power Bars on the Alive website. What a riot. I am pretty sure it got there through Sally Errey's publication of it for a seminar she was doing to promote her cook book Staying Alive.

Well how perfect is that, in the middle of me writing about a sugar free life, along comes one of my sugar free recipes. One of the sweet thing that I allow myself to have that keeps me going when I am craving easter chocolates. And I don't even have to retype it. Don't you just love the web, and the new 6 degrees of separation.

That said (the part about not having to retype it), this gives me the opportunity to make one very important adjustment to the recipe that I only discovered AFTER I had submitted it to Sally. Really instead of cinnamon, it should have cardamom. So there it is, the new secret ingredient.

I was also chatting with Dreena Burton through her blog, author of the most excellent Vive Le Vegan, and Everyday Vegan, and asked her if I can include a modified version of one of her recipies on my blog. She graciously said yes. So next time I am near my cookbook collection I will add it to this post!!

Enjoy.

5 Comments:

At 8:12 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Signy,
funnily, I copied your recipe from Alive's website a few months ago, and read the article with part of your story... and have been forgetting to mention it to you. I haven't made the recipe yet, but I'm making threats to do so! Thank you! cowtown Dawn

 
At 6:14 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 6:34 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 6:36 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 12:27 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home