Sunday, March 12, 2006

Medical Results!!

God, it feels like some American Idol show, tune in for the “Results show”, boy we as a society love our results. Enough blathering, you cry, get on with the details…

I AM CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is official, the doctors agree with me, which is always nice.

To get more specific here is what they wrote about me:

This 37-year-old woman presented for localization of the tiny [I like that, never liked the word tiny used in relation to my breast before now, but today it works for me] cluster of very superficial [do they know they are superficial, they sure caused a lot of ruckus for “superficial”] calcifications within the inferior [now that is just plain mean] hemisphere of the right breast. This was carried out with the aid [aid my ass] of local anesthetic [but without the cooperation of the patient] utilizing a 3.5 cm length [I knew something was up, 3.5 cm, argh] needle fine wire localization device. On the final film, the tip of the wire is immediately adjacent to the calcifications.

The final surgical pathology report is now available and this reveals fibrocystic change with calcifications in benign lobules [sexy, hey?]. There is no significant atypia [do doctors know that spell check does not consider that a word?] and there is no malignancy. Bilateral mammographic [also not a word] follow up in May of 2006 [ugh!].


After the Happy News I went with Madeleine (who had accompanied me to the doctor for moral support) to the Naam and had a Dragon Bowl. Not champagne, but a very life giving meal. I observed: you don’t know how much you are carrying until you get to let it go. The relief was palpable.

Here I am free and clear. But not done. So please stay tuned for more thoughts. Coming soon to a computer near you.

6 Comments:

At 8:18 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeeee!!!
What happy news! Thank you Signy for your thoughtful and far reaching posts... you are very generous and courageous.
I will be thinking of you this week, what a close to the winter! Spring is here, rebirth, rebirth! Carpe diem...

All my love,
Sunno

 
At 1:48 AM PST, Blogger Alda said...

OH MY GOD, RELIEF!!!!!

It's only morning, and my day just got a Whole Lot Better. :-)

XOXOXO

 
At 9:12 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIPEE!! What a ride!
I join you in gratitude and celebration.
Nancy in Calgary

 
At 1:39 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there firecracker
This is such GOOD NEWS, I'm thrilled! and relieved and sending up cheers and gratitude for you. Can't wait to see what's next - there's work to be done in the world my friend that only you can do!

love ya

Marcy

 
At 2:30 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahoo Signy! The news we have all been waiting for... FANTASTIC! Dawn, Calgary

 
At 8:24 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news. I am so excited. I love you dearly!

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home